A necklift, also known as platysmaplasty, is a great way to look years younger. The skin on the neck is quite delicate and can show age before the other parts of your body. Lifting and tightening the skin there is a great way to boost your self-esteem.
What is a Necklift?
Muscles and connective tissues weaken over time. If you have had dramatic fluctuations in your weight, it may have caused your skin to stretch and then sag. Other things, such as environmental exposures and heredity, can also contribute to wrinkling and sagging of the neck.
During a typical necklift procedure, extra skin and fat is removed and the muscles are lifted. Some people take this opportunity to have other procedures done as well. Common choices include a facelift or facial liposuction. Whether or not you choose to combine it with other treatments, a necklift will help you look younger as well as slimmer, depending on the situation.
What are the Benefits?
This straightforward plastic surgery procedure carries with it many benefits. Some of the many highlights include:
- There is less sagging and wrinkling on the neck
- You get a more defined jaw and chin
- There are fewer fine lines and wrinkles around your jaw and chin
- The procedure tightens the underlying muscles
- It reduces the extra skin on your neck that can make you look heavier
Who is a Good Candidate for a Necklift?
As with any cosmetic surgery procedure, it is important to be in good general health. It is also important to have a positive outlook and realistic expectations regarding the procedure, the recovery, and the results. At your consultation, we will discuss your medical history and ensure that a necklift is a safe and appropriate option for your wants and needs.
It may be time to think about having a necklift if:
- You have noticed a lack of definition in your jaw and neck
- You have a double or even triple chin
- Your neck is looking shorter than it used to
- There is a lot of loose skin in your neck area
- You feel that your neck is making you look older
To learn more about a necklift and what it can do to help you look and feel younger, talk to our surgeon at Roy Facial Plastics in Los Gatos. We would be happy to answer your questions and create a personalized treatment plan for you. Contact us today to book a consultation and get started!